The Carbon on invoices initiative accelerates the climate transition by displaying the carbon weight of each product
An accurate and honest weighting makes every institution, public or private, and every person accountable
The 11 ongoing worksites
- Footprint measurement : Start, Software, Primary carbon producers, Electricity, Customs scale,
- Climate contributions to Transition : Company contribution, Finance contribution, Individual contribution,
- Framework : Accounting framework, Carbon disclosure, Laws and regulations
WHY NO ACCURATE AND TRUTHFUL MEASUREMENT OF CARBONS ?
A producer’s footprint measures the carbons that were needed upstream and that came from dozens or hundreds of other producers. Forcing a producer to measure everything in his corner is too cumbersome and imposes approximations: they remove all precision from the measurement and cast doubt on its sincerity.
OUR INITIATIVE UNLEASHES ACCURATE AND TRUTHFUL MEASUREMENT
If producers cooperate on measuring carbon footprints, each one easily recovers and transmits the precise footprint of its products.
- The primary carbons of a minority of producers (hydrocarbons, livestock…) are measured according to scientific rules.
- Imported carbons are measured from a customs carbon scale (or from accredited experts).
- The other carbons are those of the suppliers : the producer’s accountant adds up all these carbons to break them down on the customers’ invoices.
The footprints thus circulate on the invoices up to the final customer (with the help of the electronic invoice currently being generalised).
Pour améliorer ce site et faire avancer ses chantiers, il suffit de s’inscrire sur la plateforme non partisane Réconcilions-nous ! (ou R!) : sa charte permet de discuter sans se fâcher
A non-partisan initiative to trigger the necessary cooperation
We lead 11 Workshops on each step of the carbon display.
We discuss with all the people and institutions concerned
(discover our arguments by clicking on each image).
AND WE COUNT ON YOU
Arguments and workshops are continuously enriched by (moderated) discussions where you are expected.
Footprint measurement : Start, Software, Primary carbon producers, Electricity, Customs scale,
Climate contributions to Transition : Company contribution, Finance contribution, Individual contribution,
Framework : Accounting framework, Carbon disclosure, Laws and regulations